Identity theft is a major issue all around the world that can risk your financial information. However, you can prevent your confidential information and protect your identity by attending and taking advantage of free paper shredding events in Queens NY. It is a great option by which you can safely dispose of confidential documents while protecting yourself from identity theft. So, take a moment to learn more about paper shredding in Queens NY.
Table of Contents
Overview: Free Paper Shredding Events in Queens NY
Queens is the second-most populous county in New York State with a population of 2.4 million people. It is the fourth-most densely populated U.S. County. It is the second-largest economy in New York City with the occupations spread evenly across the health care, retail trade, manufacturing, construction, transportation, and film and television production sectors.
If you live in Queens NY, you can find these free paper shredding events in Queens NY, by searching online or checking with your local library or community center—many of these organization partners with companies to provide the best possible shredding service all around the city.
The Benefits of Free Paper Shredding Events in Queens NY
Paper shredding is one of the best ways to protect residents’ information and secure their identity. Papers like receipts and bills are highly sensitive, so shredding them makes it difficult for criminals to access your personal information. Besides paper shredding has several advantages, such as:
- Preventing Identity Theft: it protects against identity theft by disposing of personal and financial documents and preventing them from getting into the wrong hands.
- Environment Friendly: It also protects nature by decreasing landfill waste; in most cases, these shredded papers are further recycled into household paper products.
- Saving Space: By shredding documents in free paper shredding events in Queens NY, you can free up space and manage files more efficiently.
- Cost-effective: it is a less-expensive way of disposing of documents as compared to other ways. You can benefit from professional shredding services for a small fee or for free in some cases.
So, if you are looking for a way to prevent identity theft, participating in free paper shredding events in Queens NY can be a good start.
Where to Find Free Paper Shredding Events in Queens NY
Queens residents can take advantage of identity theft by attending these free paper shredding events in Queens NY. Individuals can dispose of sensitive information safely and securely which is why numerous paper shredding events are organized all around the city every year. Some of these upcoming paper-shredding events are given below:
October 28, 2023 (HCIA Fall Shredding & E-Waste Collection Day – Jersey City)
- Timings: 09:00 am to 02:00 pm
- Venue: Lincoln Park
- Address: Lincoln Park, Weehawken, United States
- Contact: (201) 324-6222 ext. 3225
- Additional Info: No more than 40 lbs are acceptable at the event. Remove binder clips from your documents. Credit Cards cannot be shredded.
November 18, 2023 (Paper Shredding & E-Waste Recycling Event)
- Timings: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Venue: 1222 E 96th St,
- Address: 1222 E 96th St, Brooklyn, NY, 11236
- Additional Info: ACs, batteries, light bulbs, and other electronic appliances are not acceptable at the event.
November 19, 2023 (Document Shredding Event)
- Timings: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Venue: Paterson Museum
- Address: 2 Market Street, Paterson, New Jersey 07501
- Additional Info: Metal binders, plastics, overnight shipping envelopes, photographs, carbon paper, etc. will not be acceptable at the event. Each person is allowed to bring a maximum of 4 banker boxes of papers at the event.
December 2, 2023 (Drive-Thru Mobile Shredding Event)
- Timings: 8:00 AM
- Venue: Graydon Pool,
- Address: 200 Northern Pkwy, Ridgewood, NJ, 07450
- Additional Info: Ridgewood residents and businesses ONLY. Limit five (5) file-size boxes per vehicle. Max weight per box = 25 lbs. Unacceptable items: Shredded paper, colored paper, hanging file folders, binder clips, binders, plastics, x-rays, red wells, shipping envelopes, photos, carbon paper, and NO non–paper items. NO Batteries/Electronics.
December 12, 2023 (Second Tuesday – Community Shredding at Upper Moreland Public Library)
- Timings: 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Venue: Upper Moreland Public Library
- Address: 109 Park Avenue, Willow Grove, PA, 19090
- Contact: Don Adriaansen, Neighbor (215-766-3480)
- Additional Info: A fee is charged for the shredding. Inclement winter weather may impact this event. TITAN Mobile Shredding offers NAID AAA Certified Document Destruction at $15.00 per box (first and second boxes), and $10 for each additional box. No appointment is necessary.
December 21, 2023 (Third Thursday – Community Shredding at Shady Brook Farm)
- Timings: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Venue: Shady Brook Farm,
- Address: 931 Stony Hill Road, Yardley, PA 19067
- Contact: (Call: 215-766-3480)
- Additional Info: Shredding fee: $15.00 per box (first and second boxes); $10 for each additional box. Inclement winter weather may impact the event. Get TITAN Mobile Shredding’s NAID AAA Certified Document Destruction without an appointment. Visit Titan Shredding for more details.
Also, Read- Free Paper Shredding in San Diego
Tips for Paper Shredding Events?
Protecting yourself from identity theft is a crucial task for which attending free paper shredding events in Queens NY is a perfect option. Below are some essential points to keep in mind while attending these events:
- Gather up all your documents like bank statements, credit cards, medical records, etc.
- Sort your paper before you arrive so that you can take advantage of the different types of shredding services offered.
- Bring your shopping bags or boxes to carry away all your unwanted confidential documents.
- Arrive early at the event and listen to the instructions carefully.
- Check with the event organizers ahead of time to see if they have any tips or recommendations for maximizing space at the event.
Paper shredding events in Queens NY are a great opportunity for individuals and businesses to get rid of unwanted documents securely. Following the simple preparation tips shared above can make the process quick and easy. So, mark your calendars for the next free paper shredding event in Queens NY, and protect your confidential information now!
FAQs- Frequently asked questions
Why are Shredding Documents Important?
Shredding documents help in protecting oneself from identity or data breach.
What Documents Should I Bring to a Free Paper Shredding Event in Queens NY?
You can bring unwanted confidential documents such as bank statements, credit card bills, medical records, etc. to the event.