Let’s face it. We all are tired of so many paper documents lying in our home and office space. Piles of old documents and paperwork that contain a lot of personal information. We often feel overwhelmed when trying to get rid of them. If you are also suffering from the same issue and want to get rid of unwanted confidential documents then don’t worry. Montgomery County Shredding Events seems to be the perfect solution for you.
Montgomery County is here to help you in getting rid of your unwanted confidential documents with a complete Montgomery County Shredding Events Calendar. So, what are you waiting for? Read on and find out the best shredding events getting organized around you.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Montgomery County Shredding Events
Montgomery County is the most popular and populous county in the state of Maryland. The City of Rockville is considered one of the most happening places in the county, due to its vibrant downtown area, various restaurants, shops, and entertainment options.
It is also home to various large government and business organizations such as the National Institutes of Health, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration. The headquarters of several major companies such as Marriott International, Lockheed Martin, and Discovery, Inc. also exist in Montgomery County.
Aforesaid information is evident enough to understand the importance of organizing shredding events in Montgomery County. With the largest population and the existence of big businesses, the risk of identity theft is always severe. This is why Montgomery County shredding events are organized around the year to safeguard the identity and confidential information of citizens as well as businesses.
Overview of the Types of Events Offered
Montgomery County offers various types of paper shredding events to provide a safe shredding opportunity to its residents. The event variety includes one-time events, recurring events, drop-off locations, etc.
- One-time shredding events are often organized by local government authorities or big businesses. They are often free and provide an on-site shredding opportunity to the residents at no cost. The main reason behind organizing such events is to avoid any major data breaches during tax season.
- Recurring Events are often organized by local authorities on a monthly or quarterly basis. These events are suitable for residents working with a huge number of hard-copy documents containing confidential information. They can get rid of unwanted documents carefully and frequently without letting them pile up in their home or office.
- Drop-Off Locations are often owned by big shredding companies or local authorities. Residents are allowed to come and dump all their unwanted confidential documents in the drop-off area. These documents are later shredded and recycled into various paper products. Thus, creating a win-win situation for both residents as well as organizers.
All these events are free and open to all unless mentioned otherwise. Residents can choose Montgomery County shredding events basis their comfort and preference. Once an event is selected, residents can view more information about the event, including a list of accepted materials, event hours, and directions to the event site. A list of all such events is given below in the article.
List of Upcoming Montgomery County Shredding Events 2023
Paper shredding events are a perfect way to get rid of unwanted confidential documents free of cost. A list of all such free paper shredding events in Montgomery County is as follows:–
October 28, 2023 (Shredding Truck)
- Timings: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Venue: Hubert Humphrey Park
- Address: 4433 S Park Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
November 11, 2023 (Community Shred Day)
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Venue: Woodstream Church
- Address: 9800 Lottsford Rd., Mitchellville, MD 20721
November 11, 2023 (Paper Shredding)
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Venue: 6110 Foreland Garth (lower level parking lot)
- Address: 6110 Foreland Garth
- Additional Info: This event is free and open to all Long Reach residents (ID Required), however, there is a charge of $10 for all others attendees. A limit of 3 grocery bags/banker boxes per household. Don’t bring non-sensitive or non-recyclable materials such as magazines, flyers, newspapers, binders, x-rays. File folders, Binder Clips, Spiral Notebooks, Manila folders, Junk mail, Schoolwork, etc. are not acceptable at the event.
November 18, 2023 (VLP: Client Shredding Event)
- Timings: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
- Venue: VLP Financial Advisors (Office)
- Address: VLP Office 8391 Old Courthouse Road Vienna, VA 22182
- Additional Info: Staples, paper clips, binder clips, rubber bands, or tape removal are not required.
December 2, 2023 (Document Shredding- Delaware Recycling Center)
- Timings: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Venue: The Delaware Recycling Center
- Address: 1101 Lambsons Lane, New Castle, DE 19720, United States
- Additional Info: Residents can bring up to 2 file boxes of personal confidential papers for shredding.
PS: The above-mentioned Montgomery County shredding events are free and open to all. You can consider visiting any of these paper shredding events based on your preference. Even though all the details regarding paper shredding events are also mentioned. However, it is always recommended to check the events update once before attending the same to avoid any confusion in the future.
Also Read: Free Paper Shredding for Seniors Near Me
Benefits of Attending Montgomery County Shredding Events
While the primary benefit of organizing paper shredding events is to help residents declutter their home and office space while protecting their confidential information. There are a few additional benefits as well of attending Montgomery County shredding events which are as follows:
- Convenience– The details of such events can easily be found on our website or the website of the local government. This way you can find the best shredding events near you, basis your needs and preference.
- Free or Low Cost– Montgomery County shredding events are usually sponsored by local government authorities or businesses. These events are usually free or require a basic minimum donation.
- Secure: Since these shredding events are organized and sponsored by reputed businesses or authorities. Proper security standards are followed at the time of document shredding.
Conclusion: Montgomery County Shredding Events
Shredding events are a great way to securely and responsibly dispose of your confidential documents. By utilizing the Montgomery County Shredding Events Calendar, you can find one near you with ease.
With helpful filters such as date range and location, it’s never been simpler to search for an event that fits best into your schedule. Start today and take advantage of all the secure document disposal options available in Montgomery County.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Dispose of Shredded Paper in Montgomery County MD?
You can consider dropping off your shredded paper in the recycling yard. Alternatively, shredded paper can be recycled at home and converted into various other paper products.
Where is The Safest Place to Shred Documents?
Paper shredding events and shredding services like AARP, Proshred, etc are considered the safest bet to shred documents.
What is The Reason for Shredding Documents?
The primary reason for shredding documents is to get rid of unwanted documents and declutter home space. Also, it helps prevent the risk of data or identity theft.